Tuesday, February 8, 2011

James Blake "Wilhelm Scream" Live BBC Session


I wanted to play this song on the show last week, but it's so low-key and beautiful I thought it might get lost in the mix. If you haven't heard by now, UK dubstep producer/dj/musician, James Blake, has been generating a lot of buzz for his debut self-titled LP out now on Polydor. We've played alot of his Mount Kimbie remixes and some tracks from his latest string of EP's - out now on the classy Belgian techno imprint, R&S records - but his full length was not what I was expecting. At first listen, his voice is what stood out. It's very similar to Justin Vernon of Bon Iver, but somehow just a tad more delicate and remotely British sounding. The songs are still growing on me. I like this live bbc studio version of "Wilhelm Scream" the best. Also, gotta love the title. Tell us what you think

-eebzz

No comments:

Post a Comment